Sunday, July 1, 2012

31 Weeks and Another Trip to L&D!



How far along: 31 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: Up 32 lbs as of my 29 week appointment
Maternity clothes? OH YES. So comfy
Sleep: Good except my left hip bone and both hands always hurt when I wake up
Best moment this week: Just realizing we STILL get to sleep in because its SUMMMMMEERRRR!
Movement? Yep. And she had hiccups two nights in a row this week 
Food cravings: Ice water
Gender prediction: GIRL
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: Deli meat 
What I am looking forward to: Fourth of July and my birthday! (the 5th) 
Milestones: Officially past 30 weeks! 
Things I've been experiencing this week: Swelling feet and hands, fatigue, and heartburn. Tums have become my best friend lately. 
Showing? Yes and growing!
Size of baby: Size of a pineapple. We got a surprise ultrasound on thursday night (I'll explain below) and baby is measuring about 3lbs 7oz! 
What Baby is up to: Her irises now react to light. All 5 of her senses are in working order. 

So we had a crazy night Thursday! Around 10:30, I was feeling weird...I dont even know how to explain it. Just jittery, racing heart, and an all around nervous feeling. I took my blood pressure and it was elevated just a little outside of my doctor-set parameters to call. It was 136/94. I called the prenatal on-call nurse and she told me to lie down in a dark quiet room on my left side for 30 minutes, then check it again and call back. I did and it was 145/90. She called the doctor and the doctor was actually ok with this blood pressure but wanted me to come in because of the way I was feeling. So Tony and I headed to L&D around 11:30pm. When we got there I was hooked up to all the monitors and my BP was 176/98. Too high. They set it to go off every 15 minutes and we kept getting BP's similar to this. Because I was in triage, it was a shared room with curtains to block our view from other patients. At one point, this woman came in and she did NOT sound happy. We only had a curtain and about 5 feet to separate us so I could hear everything. She sounded like she was so uncomfortable and they checked her cervix and it was 7-8 cm! They wheeled her immediately to her delivery room, but for that few minutes it was definitely our entertainment of the night! Lol. Ok I shouldn't be laughing...that will be me in a few weeks. Anyways, baby girl did great on the monitors and of course she was kicking them like crazy. We even got to see her on the ultrasound where they said she is measuring around 30 weeks (no big deal) and weighs about 3lbs 7oz. My BP eventually went down to normal and we were sent home with an appointment with the doctor on Monday (tomorrow). So that was that! 

Pictures taken today of the 31 weeks belly 


Yes my face is really this chunky now. 

Here are is my hand with my wedding ring, which hasn't fit for a good month now. My new size is a 9! Wedding ring is a 6.25. Can you say holy Shrek hands???

Annnnd my new haircut! Yes..I'm rockin the mom haircut now..!! Before and after. 






No comments:

Post a Comment