Monday, July 23, 2012

34 WEEKS


How far along: 34 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: Up 40 lbs...so far
Maternity clothes? Yep
Sleep: Really good except for last night...I couldn't sleep and finally got up at 6am, watched TV until 7, then went back to bed.
Best moment this week: Sonoma with hubs and the Stockmans!
Movement? Lot. Some painful kicks! 
Food cravings: Ice water
Gender prediction: GIRL
Belly button in or out? In and still have my belly ring! The nurses have all been very surprised lol
What I miss: Deli meat
What I am looking forward to: Seeing our maternity pics and our NST tomorrow
Milestones: 34 weeks baby!
Things I've been experiencing this week: Hurting feet when I'm standing/walking around too long. Other than that, not too much to complain about!
Showing? Yes. And GROWING quick
Size of baby: Size of a butternut squash. I'm thinking she's around/over 5 lbs now! Such a  big girl!
What Baby is up to: She's recognizing and reacting to familiar songs now. Also urinating a pint a day!

This week has been a whirlwind of activity! It was our wonderful friends' last week here so we were very busy and to top it off, we had another visit to the hospital...this time being admitted overnight. It started with high blood pressure of course. I will spare the boring details, but it went a little like this. My BP was high when we got there, went down pretty quickly to normal, but they noticed very low amniotic fluid on the ultrasound and said it could be a sign of the placenta being overworked from the high blood pressure. I had to stay overnight so they could keep a close eye on baby, watch for signs of preeclampsia, and monitor the fluid level. Long story short, the fluid level was back up a little in the morning, my BP was great, baby looked awesome, and my labs were perfect. They still wanted to keep me another night but I talked them into letting me go home that day since I had an NST (non-stress test) the next day, which was Friday. It was too hard for me to get sleep in the hospital plus I had a shared room because they were SO busy on the unit. They said it has been absolutely crazy the past week with deliveries and are expecting a ton of babies in August. Plus we have 2 full moons this August so they are anticipating one crazy month. Anyways, at my NST on Friday my BP was a little high (I had forgotten to take my med. Oops) so they upped my dose of Labetalol (blood pressure med) to 200mg twice a day. Baby girl looked great. I have another one tomorrow morning. It sounds weird but I am always so excited for these. I get to be reassured baby is doing ok, get to talk to my awesome nurse Kathy, and ask all the questions I want. It's a pretty good time for this mama.

In non-pregnancy news, we had to say 2 goodbyes to friends. Shea and Becky are leaving tomorrow morning to road trip back to Florida so we had to say goodbye tonight. So sad to see them go. I can't believe how fast this month has flown by. It's been a blast and I'm so happy they were able to come out to visit this summer.  Also leaving are our friends Jackie and John, who are moving back to Illinois. It's depressing when such great people have to leave too soon! Tony and John did have one last cornhole tournament this last weekend, and it was their best yet! There's a bar here in Danville that has tournaments once a month and Tony and John usually don't get past the first preliminary games. BUT on Saturday they got 2nd place in the whole tournament! YEAH! That's 4 wins in a row. Anyways, I wish all of our friends would just move and stay here. Selfish? Nahhh :-D

Lots of photos to share from this week!

Our day in Sonoma, hospital stay, trying on my mother-in-law's maternity outfit from 1986!, swollen feet, and Kenadie's first Halloween outfit!











No comments:

Post a Comment