Sunday, May 6, 2012

23 WEEKS



How far along: 23 weeks, 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: I weighed myself today on my friend's scale and it said only 16.5 lbs up from my pre-pregnancy weight. Less than last week!
Maternity clothes? Pretty much all maternity except for the occasional long regular shirt and yoga pants
Sleep: Pretty good lately!
Best moment this week: Hanging out with good friends for Tony's birthday last night and then again today :)
Movement? Lots of kicks! I love feeling her kick and move so much. It does freak me out though when I don't feel her move as much some days. I know..I'm a paranoid mama already. She moves a lot at night though! 
Food cravings: I would kill for some eggs benedict right now! Unfortunately no hollandaise sauce for preggos :(
Gender prediction: GIRL
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: Philly rolls and deli sandwiches
What I am looking forward to: Summer! Only 39 more days til summer vacation! 
Milestones: Almost to 24 weeks, which is viability :)
Things I've been experiencing this week: No energy at the end of the work days. Lots of naps 
Showing? Yes! Although I feel the belly stays the same size lol
Size of baby: Size of a grapefruit. About 11.5 inches (that is NOT a grapefruit!) and just over one whole pound! 
What Baby is up to: She has little nipples now (how cute!) and her face is fully formed. She is listening to not only my voice now, but to noises outside the belly! 

This was a great weekend we had! Not only was it BEAUTIFUL weather, but we had a great time spending time with friends. Saturday was Tony's birthday and we celebrated by going to Fenton's our favorite ice cream place. They also serve these incredible crab salad sandwiches. SO good. Then we went to Benihanas at night with some friends. Sunday morning we went to church for an awesome service. The sermon was encouraging everyone to enjoy life a little more by trusting in the Lord in all we do. The takeaway verse we got was Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and he will direct your paths." This is one of my favorite Bible verses. Incredible that we can trust in Him and not have to try to figure out these things on our own. Sometimes it just amazes me to think that the Creator of the Universe knew my heart and listened to my prayers about this baby. He knew this baby girl in my womb would be here at this time. I always wondered whether I would ever feel a baby kicking me from the inside. I didn't always have faith that I would ever get to experience that but He knew all along that I would. And in His perfect timing. I am so thankful that I can just have faith in our God instead of guiding my own paths. ANYWAYS, I will get off my soapbox now and continue with our sunday. After church, we ran our usual grocery errands then went to our friends Karli and Robbie's house for a little impromptu afternoon get-together. It was so great to hang out with them and our other good friends Jackie and John. Everytime we all get together, it always makes me want to see everyone every day or at least every week. This is so hard to do with our busy schedules but I really would like to make it happen more! Then Tony and I came home and took a long walk with our dogs, and then I did my prenatal pilates dvd. YEAH! Go me! 

Some pictures from our weekend: 

My awesome birthday boy

Our attempt at a family photo

Benihanas - Happy birthday hubs!

Sunday afternoon BBQ - minus me and Robbie who weren't in the picture

Karli made this AMAZING vegetarian lasagna. This recipe is a gift!

I do not know why I post the worst pictures of myself on here, but oh well. This was taken about 15 minutes ago to show off the belly. And YES that is our crib box! 


That about sums up our weekend. Now for dessert and Desperate Housewives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment