Friday, May 18, 2012

25 WEEKS AND MIDWIFE APPOINTMENT



How far along: 25 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Up 24 lbs from pre-pregnancy weight. I was shocked when she had to move the little scale thing over to 150! THEN move the little apart across. Now I weigh a whopping 154 lbs! 
Maternity clothes? Definitely 
Sleep: Pretty dang good!
Best moment this week: Getting out for the weekend a few hours ago! :) 
Movement? Feels like lots of rolls and summersaults. Sometimes when she's moving and Tony has his hand on my belly, we wonder what the heck she's doing in there. Feels like she has little parties going on
Food cravings: Sweets which is weird. I never really crave sweets 
Gender prediction: GIRL
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: Philly rolls and deli sandwiches
What I am looking forward to: Summer! Less than a month now :)
Milestones: Only 3 weeks left in the second trimester 
Things I've been experiencing this week: Mild cramping - my midwife said its just some contractions, totally normal
Showing? Yes! 
Size of baby: Size of a cauliflower, 13.5 inches and anywhere from 1.5-2.2lbs. POUNDS! CRAZY! 
What Baby is up to: She is enjoying her new sense of equalibrium, meaning she now knows which way is up and which is down. She's also growing more fat, hair, and fingernails! 

We had our appointment with our midwife today, just got back actually. Started off a little embarassing..The receptionist asked for my address for verification and I could NOT remember it for the life of me! So so embarassing. She gave me the saddest look. Lol talk about pregnancy brain! Then when the medical assistant took us back into the room she handed me a little bottle of what looked like orange soda. Yes, it was the dreaded glucose drink. I had to down it within 5 minutes (very hard for me to do!) It tasted like flat orange soda with sugar added, not too bad. I felt a little light headed after but it went away pretty quickly. My midwife came in and answered all of our crazy questions. She wanted to recheck my blood pressure because it was a little high when her assistant took it. It was still a little high - 148/88 so she wants me to do a 24 hour urine collection to check for protein which can tell them if you have preeclampsia. So I have this lovely little container I have to pee in for 24 hours then bring to the lab. Lets see what else...my belly was measuring perfect and baby girl's heart rate was perfect in the 160s. Thats about it! 

We are going to see the movie What to Expect When You're Expecting tonight and I am so excited! So awesome I get to be pregnant while watching this movie! 

Some pictures: 
Me and my sweeties on Mother's Day - leaving for the park


Showing off my first Mother's Day gifts! 

My sweet Zoey girl


Belly pics from today 

Picture for our shower invite on Tony's side 

Love this handsome guy!



No comments:

Post a Comment