Monday, August 6, 2012

36 WEEKS


How far along: 36 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: Up 41 lbs. The weight gain has seemed to slow down now 
Maternity clothes? Only! :) 
Sleep: Eh... I can't complain too much but I've been waking up around 5-6am and not being able to go back to sleep for a couple of hours the past few nights 
Best moment this week: It's a toss up between our anniversary dinner on Friday and our super fun baby shower with friends last night! 
Movement? Yep and hiccups everyday 
Food cravings: I know I'm boring because it never changes but I still have to say ice water...
Gender prediction: GIRL
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: Deli meat and Eggs Benedict 
What I am looking forward to: Kenadie's arrival! 
Milestones: 36 weeks! Very unlikely she would not go to the NICU if born now 
Things I've been experiencing this week: Heartburn. I forgot my Tums when we went to our NST appointment Friday. Holy moly, it was torture! Also more pressure on my pelvis when I go from laying down to standing 
Showing? Yes 
Size of baby: Size of a honeydew melon. Big girl! 
What Baby is up to: Her liver and kidneys are in working order, and her circulation and immune systems are good to go :) 

INDUCTION COUNTDOWN: 4 DAYS! 

This week is flying by! I can't believe its only 4 days until we give this girl her eviction notice. I am really going to miss being pregnant. However I am even more excited to meet this little one! I can't wait to see her face and hear her little cry (only for a little bit, of course :). I'm also looking forward to seeing her fingers and toes and her little hiney. I just want to be holding her and watch Tony hold her and see him be a dad. Honestly this is the luckiest girl in the world to have him as her dad. I know they are going to be so close and I am so happy for her already. 

We are just getting last minute stuff done. It seems like our to-do list is ever growing, but we have been able to check things off the list. Tony had to take one last part of a test he needs for teaching and he took the test this morning and feels really good about it. Check! So glad that's out of the way. I have been writing an endless list of thank you notes from our showers. It's been hard to get them done because I can only write a couple before my carpal tunnel kicks in like crazy and I have to stop. Got them all written out today though, just need to write a few of the addresses down. My mom has been over here almost every day helping getting the nursery ready for Kenadie. She has been amazing, hanging things up, organizing practically everything in the room and washing all of the clothes. I really hope in inherit her knack for organizing. So far...not so much. Tony's parents have been cooking us dinner so much and giving my tired body lots of neck and feet rubs! It's been wonderful! We are so so so so lucky to have such a great support team. I don't know what we would do without our family. And Kenadie is a lucky girl to have these two grandmas who love her so much. 

As for my blood pressure, its definitely been more elevated the last few days. Its always over my parameters in the morning which is really unusual. But it goes down after I lay down and take my meds. Unfortunately Tony is like a nazi and will hardly let me do anything unless my BP is under the parameters. Ok, I shouldn't  say unfortunately but it is annoying because there is so much to do! I know he's just looking out for me and Miss Kenadie though :) Anyways, I am also checking my pee for protein every morning with these little dipsticks they gave me. They have always been negative up until Friday at my NST. It showed a trace of protein so they had me start yet another 24 hour urine collection. Probably the most annoying, inconvenient thing ever! I had traces of protein again on Saturday then +1 both today and yesterday, so something is definitely in the works in my body. You need above 300 in the 24 hour collection to be officially diagnosed with preeclampsia. I haven't gotten the results back yet. I'm wondering if they would induce me earlier than Friday if its over 300? Not sure. I am so hoping we can hold out until Friday! 

We also celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary on Friday! I can't believe its been 5 years since our wedding. I love this man even more today than on August 3, 2007. Never thought that would be possible but when your married to someone like Tony, it is!  Here are some pictures from our anniversary and our wedding day :) The anniversary pictures took a few tries with the dogs, but we had fun. The last is my favorite. 











Then we had a fun pool day on Saturday with Tony's parents, his cousin Kim and her adorable boys. 









Yesterday some of our friends threw us the cutest little baby shower! We had so much fun just hanging out, talking, laughing, and eating. I don't have all the pictures yet but here are a couple of our group pics. The gifts were so amazing and heartfelt. Tony and I left feeling truly blessed. 







No comments:

Post a Comment