Sunday, June 3, 2012

27 Weeks



How far along: 27 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: Up another 2 lbs since 25 weeks 
Maternity clothes? Yep, so comfy. I don't think I will ever give them up!
Sleep: Good for the most part. But every night right before I go to bed, I crave ice water and can't get enough. So I have to get up for the bathroom 2-5 times per night. 
Best moment this week: Going to our first birthing class yesterday
Movement? If you've read my L&D post, you know I put a lot of thought into her every movement. Then, I was worried about her moving too little. Ever that night, she has been moving so much. Last night when we got in bed, it was the most we have ever seen! My belly looked like she was on a rollercoaster inside, just rolling from side to side and jiggling the whole belly. Tony and I were amazed, then I started worrying maybe she was tangled in her cord and she was trying to get out. Oh boy, I really never will stop worrying. 
Food cravings: Water, fruit, and salad
Gender prediction: GIRL
Belly button in or out? In
What I miss: Philly rolls and deli sandwiches
What I am looking forward to: Our first baby shower tomorrow! Tony has this amazing class of students, class paras/aides, and parents. They are throwing us a shower in class and lucky me I got the day off! So excited. 
Milestones: This is the last week of my second trimester! 
Things I've been experiencing this week: Carpal Tunnel Syndrome...My hands are so numb and tingly when I wake up in the morning so I asked the doctor last week and she said it was the carpal tunnel. And very painful leg cramps. 
Showing? Yes! 
Size of baby: Size of a rutabaga (whatever that is!), 13.6-14.8 inches, and 1.5-2.5 pounds. 
What Baby is up to: She is practicing inhaling and exhaling (of her amniotic fluid) and even showing brain activity now. Pregnancy is amazing isn't it?

We started our birthing classes series yesterday. It was actually really fun. There were 12 couples total and all of us were due in July or August, even one in September. At one point, the instructor had the guys go outside and discuss all the ways life has changed since pregnancy, and had the girls do the same thing. It was so nice to hear everyone complaining discussing the same things I always think about, like leg cramps, forgetfulness, baby movement, baby gear, and tons of other fun topics. And the guys had a great time too..they came back laughing and all the ladies were like uh oh what did my husband say...Lol. It was great though and will be our home for the next 4 Saturdays from 9:30-11:30! Here's a picture on the way to the class...


Nursery painting is officially underway! Tony and his dad are priming the room as we speak. Probably will paint the actual color next weekend. SO exciting! Here is the before shot...


Our paint choices. We went with pink #4!


And of course we have to include a pic of the puppies. The first is Zoey at the dog park yesterday. 



The second is showing how spoiled they are. They aren't allowed up on the bed until they are invited, usually about 8:30, an hour or so before we get up. Here they are this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment